- Published on Wednesday, 12 March 2014 12:08
- Article Read: 1843
The battle over social media channel dominance continues to wage, as Pinterest (21 per cent) becomes more popular than Twitter (18 per cent) among Internet users in 2013, according to Pew Research Center.
- Published on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 08:26
- Article Read: 3461
While channel manager programs are nowadays quite common, many motel/resort staff I talk to still have questions such as:
- Published on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 09:21
- Article Read: 2784
Looking back to one of my first positions working for a large overseas travel agency in the UK, I remember what a significant part of our overseas team was dedicated to quality.
- Published on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 09:19
- Article Read: 2248
Traffic, crowds and constant noise – the busy streets of Brisbane can be a tough environment for anyone to deal with.
- Published on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 09:18
- Article Read: 2187
Climbing the corporate ladder when you work in hospitality can be limiting. You may reach the senior level of general manager or property manager within a large accommodation chain, but then what?
- Published on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 09:12
- Article Read: 893
The franchise sector is a major contributor to the Australian economy, generating an estimated $131 billion in annual revenue and employing more than 400,000 people across approximately 1200 brands and 73,000 franchised units.
- Published on Wednesday, 07 August 2013 10:44
- Article Read: 1704
Recently several managers have been caught out by unwittingly handing over their sensitive business data to a third party believing this was necessary for the supplier to undertake marketing for them.
- Published on Wednesday, 22 May 2013 10:46
- Article Read: 2185
Since the GFC we've seen a constant erosion in yields or margins across all industries and all levels of business.
- Published on Monday, 06 May 2013 13:15
- Article Read: 2722
If you are an independent accommodation property owner that is thinking of becoming a member of a well-known brand you will know that it is not an easy decision to come to.
- Published on Thursday, 13 December 2012 13:08
- Article Read: 2956
Flexibility is the key to SilverNeedle Hospitality's successful brand license model.
- Published on Wednesday, 21 November 2012 11:19
- Article Read: 2848
Melbourne's Art Series Hotels is to allow guests to check out hours or even days late in a new campaign for the chain created by Naked Communications.
- Published on Monday, 22 October 2012 09:18
- Article Read: 3293
In preparing to be a guest speaker at three different hotel conferences recently, I had our KTN team conduct some anonymous mystery shopping calls to see what would happen when we called directly to hotels to double-check online rates posted on OTA websites.
- Published on Thursday, 01 March 2012 10:04
- Article Read: 3572
Accommodation managers and operators can expect to see more mobile tablet and smartphone solutions coming on to the market to monitor their business from anywhere they have an Internet connection for their phone or tablet.
- Published on Thursday, 01 March 2012 09:55
- Article Read: 3219
I think many accommodation providers understand how strongly I feel about the ability of travel social media like TripAdvisor to boost business for hotels.
- Published on Wednesday, 16 November 2011 14:31
- Article Read: 3238
Motivate your staff at Ramada on Marcoola Beach!
- Published on Wednesday, 16 November 2011 14:29
- Article Read: 2952
The Byron at Byron Spa and Wellness Centre continues to delight guests with a refreshed spa menu featuring a unique outdoor couples massage set deep within the 20ha rainforest that surrounds the resort.
- Published on Friday, 30 September 2011 13:43
- Article Read: 2572
Worldwide a strong brand and/or franchise can influence a consumer's choice over another product.