- Published on Wednesday, 10 February 2016 22:13
- Article Read: 129
Even on our worst days, we can all wholeheartedly admit: we've got it good.
- Published on Sunday, 07 February 2016 19:01
- Article Read: 274
What if, in addition to looking at the cost of acquiring new guests, hotels considered the benefit of repeat guests more carefully? Repeat guests are exponentially more prized than new guests.
- Published on Wednesday, 03 February 2016 23:06
- Article Read: 227
Weddings are not only joyous and blissful bashes for couples in love. They're a big reason for hoteliers to celebrate as well.
- Published on Sunday, 31 January 2016 19:16
- Article Read: 174
Next week is Groundhog Day According to the tradition, a clairvoyant groundhog in Pennsylvania named "Punxsutawney Phil" cautiously emerges from his cosy hideout each year.
- Published on Wednesday, 27 January 2016 20:57
- Article Read: 536
Big data—in its current form, at least—is dead to me, I know this is a strong statement in a world seemingly powered by the concept, but companies simply are not using big data properly, rendering it useless for driving change and increasing revenue.
- Published on Sunday, 24 January 2016 14:03
- Article Read: 303
Whether you're a hotel marketer, a DMO or CVB, there are three numbers you want to fall. If these numbers don't fall... occupancy and visitation may fall as a result:
- Published on Wednesday, 20 January 2016 22:49
- Article Read: 390
Small accommodation providers can benefit greatly from OTAs, using them to attract global guests.
- Published on Wednesday, 20 January 2016 22:17
- Article Read: 340
Today, people are busier than ever and expect instant gratification in every aspect of their lives. From texting to Facebook messaging to Amazon Prime, speedy interaction is now the gold standard of modern business.
- Published on Sunday, 17 January 2016 13:01
- Article Read: 476
The days of simply selling "product" (rooms or meeting spaces) are long gone. In its place is a requirement for hotel marketers to start selling the experience!
- Published on Wednesday, 13 January 2016 20:01
- Article Read: 434
Based on feedback from your peers, here are the 10 most popular new year's resolutions from hotel marketers around the globe.
- Published on Wednesday, 13 January 2016 19:20
- Article Read: 371
Many of your guests find your property online. Do you know what kind of first impression you leave them with?
- Published on Sunday, 20 December 2015 17:34
- Article Read: 736
2015 is shaping up as the year of travel metasearch.
- Published on Sunday, 20 December 2015 17:24
- Article Read: 467
As a property flying a global brand flag – such as Marriott, Hilton, Wyndham or Best Western – you're fortunate to have a respected reputation behind you.
- Published on Thursday, 17 December 2015 06:29
- Article Read: 547
The decision to become a franchisee is a difficult one for any independent accommodation provider as it is fraught with the unknown and has many sides to consider.
- Published on Thursday, 17 December 2015 06:10
- Article Read: 571
Back in November 2011, Google introduced an algorithm change to ensure their search results are "fresher"
- Published on Thursday, 17 December 2015 06:03
- Article Read: 289
Last week we covered the first three (of six) psychological triggers that hotel sales executives can use to influence prospect decision-making.
- Published on Thursday, 17 December 2015 05:45
- Article Read: 538
The front-desk staff always has played an important role in the success of a hotel by creating positive first impressions. Nowadays, however, these staff members are key players in hotel marketing.